Institute of Engineering, Tribhuvan University (TU), Nepal
- Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur
Memorandum of Understanding for Technical Cooperation
Under a MOU with the Institute of Engineering (IOE), Tribhuvan University, Nepal, IIT Kanpur is assisting IOE in setting up their post-graduate program. As part of this program, many activities are being taken up. With particular reference to Earthquake Engineering, the following activities are underway or have been undertaken:
- Conducted Short Courses in Seismic Design of Reinforced Concrete Buildings, for the faculty and students of IOE and for the practicing professional engineers and architects of Nepal.
- Conducted short courses in three experiments in earthquake engineering at IIT Kanpur for M.Sc. students as part of their Laboratory Course in Structural Engineering (October 1998)
- Assisted Masters students of the Structural Engineering stream at IOE in their theses in the area of Earthquake Engineering (1998-present)
- Commissioned vibrations related equipment of the Machine Dynamics/Structural Dynamics Laboratory of the Departments of Civil and Mechanical Engineering. Assisted in re-structuring the laboratory experiments of the Masters program in light of the above commissioning (July 1999).
- External Examiner for Mid-term Evaluation of M.Sc. Thesis of students of Structural Engineering stream at IOE.
- Supervision of the Doctoral Thesis on Action of Walls and Floors in Frame Buildings during Earthquakes of Mr. Prajwal Lal Pradhan, Lecturer, IOE, Katmandu, (March 2000-present).